Rich Cooked Egg Nog
Just like store-bought! I loved being able to drink this even when pregnant and couldn’t take alcohol or uncooked eggs.
|6 egg whites|
|6 egg yolks|
|2 (10 ounce/300 gram) cans sweetened condensed milk|
|7 1/2 cups milk|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|4 teaspoons imitation rum flavoring|
|2 teaspoons ground nutmeg|
|1 teaspoon allspice|
1. Separate the egg whites into a bowl, and the egg yolks into a saucepan.
2. Beat egg whites until frothy, and set aside.
3. Add the sweetened condensed milk to the egg yolks and whisk together. Heat at medium, whisking in the rest of the ingredients. Cook until liquid is warm and sticks to a spoon, but be careful not to boil or the nog will congeal. Whisk in the whipped egg whites and heat a few more minutes, then remove from heat.
4. Pour into a 2 L container and let sit overnight for best results. Stir before serving.
5. More nutmeg, allspice and rum flavoring may be added to taste.