I just finished watching the “House” episode “Private Lives” about a sick blogger and decided to blog about it. 😛 Yes, gotta love the information age. The ending struck me (spoiler alert). House has been reading his biological father’s book of sermons in search of some similarity to himself, and Wilson asks if he’s found it, underneath the “God stuff”. House answers “Under the God stuff….more God stuff.” House is probably the cleverest character on tv. But really, “God stuff” he simply doesn’t get. It’s called all kinds of names and explored long enough to be made fun of, but faith is simply baffling to House, and presumably, to the writers of the show. It really reminds me of the verse, 1Co 1:27 “but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong”.
Thanks for coming!
Top Posts & Pages
- About Us
- Breads and Jams
- (Mostly) GF Chocolate Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Yogurt with Nutella
- Dessert Bows – Wontons stuffed with Rice Pudding, Nutella or Lemon Curd, and Strawberries
- Double Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Easter Creme “Eggs” or Cupcake Chocolates (Easter Cream Cups)
- Fusion Rice Cendol Dessert
- GF Peanut Butter Brownies
- Gluten Free Healthy and Tasty Pumpkin Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy and Tasty Pumpkin Nut Chocolate Cookies
- Healthy Decadence – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Make the Perfect Homemade Potato Chip (Crisp)
- Rich Rice Pudding
- Spider Eggs! aka Jello Egg Jigglers
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie or Crumble Recipe
- Drinks and Other Foods
- Christian Ethics of Permanent Sterilization
- Feminism and Femininity in the 21st Century
- Fertility Monitor Review
- How to Repair the Comfort Control Module (CCM) for the Volkswagen Passat
- How-to: BUG themed Birthday Party for Kids!
- How-To: Science Adventurer Birthday Party Fun!
- Should a Christian go to war?
- 343,698 visits
- Follow Nathan and Kathy's Blog on WordPress.com
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. If you're interested in using it, just ask for permission and source it properly! :)