I was reading Albert Mohler’s blog (he’s the head of the seminary Nathan’s been accepted at) and he had some interesting thoughts. One of them was about abortion. He points to recent research that shows that in the years since Roe v. Wade, easily accessible abortions have had an anti-woman effect that perhaps is not thought about too much. Since abortion is available if there are any “accidental” pregnancies, men have become disconnected from any responsibility to the child. A woman’s “choice” has become a man’s “easy out” – if he doesn’t want the child, he just tells her to get an abortion and if she refuses, he’s gone. It’s her “choice” after all. She is now the only one responsible. Is that what feminists expected? Probably not. It’s no surprise, after all Adam passed the buck to Eve way back when (and she passed it to the snake!) but it’s certainly something I hadn’t thought about. Now I wonder if God’s words about being the Father of the orphan, widow and poor should include the woman dumped by her boyfriend because she refused to abort their child….
Thanks for coming!
Top Posts & Pages
- About Us
- Breads and Jams
- (Mostly) GF Chocolate Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Yogurt with Nutella
- Dessert Bows – Wontons stuffed with Rice Pudding, Nutella or Lemon Curd, and Strawberries
- Double Chocolate Almond Cookies
- Easter Creme “Eggs” or Cupcake Chocolates (Easter Cream Cups)
- Fusion Rice Cendol Dessert
- GF Peanut Butter Brownies
- Gluten Free Healthy and Tasty Pumpkin Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy and Tasty Pumpkin Nut Chocolate Cookies
- Healthy Decadence – Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Make the Perfect Homemade Potato Chip (Crisp)
- Rich Rice Pudding
- Spider Eggs! aka Jello Egg Jigglers
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie or Crumble Recipe
- Drinks and Other Foods
- Christian Ethics of Permanent Sterilization
- Feminism and Femininity in the 21st Century
- Fertility Monitor Review
- How to Repair the Comfort Control Module (CCM) for the Volkswagen Passat
- How-to: BUG themed Birthday Party for Kids!
- How-To: Science Adventurer Birthday Party Fun!
- Should a Christian go to war?
- 343,702 visits
- Follow Nathan and Kathy's Blog on WordPress.com
CopyrightAll content on this blog is copyright protected. If you're interested in using it, just ask for permission and source it properly! :)